Wednesday 29 April 2009

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time

I have just finished reading a book called The curious incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon. I realy enjoyed reading it and I thought it was a great book, mainly because of the way it is written. It is written in first person and the writer (in the book) is an autistic 15 year old boy who is writing a story about a murder mystery that he is trying to solve. The book shows how a young autistic person's mind works and the difficulties they and the people around them face each day. While trying to find out who killed his next door neighbour's dog he uncovers a secret about his 'dead' mother that his father has been keeping from him.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've enjoyed reading this book. Wait now for my next recommendation!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds interesting toota

    :)

    When is your book going to be published??

    :p

    ReplyDelete